Twin Cities Office
Key Responsibilities May Include
- Compile, prepare and review various income tax returns for assigned clients, including individual, corporate, multi-state, etc.
- Recognize, anticipate and resolve complex tax issues and make recommendations.
- Mentor and lead staff, demonstrated ability to manage client relationships.
- Understand and effectively use current tax and accounting software applications when completing engagements.
- Research complex technical tax issues.
- BA/BS in Accounting
- CPA licensed
- 4+ years of experience in preparing progressively complex individual and corporate tax returns
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization, focus, exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
- Experience with ProSystems software and QuickBooks is a plus.
- Customer-service oriented, shown by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable and reliable.
- Professional demeanor and appearance necessary at all times.
- Apply independent thought process when working on special projects.
- Prioritize workflow and manage multiple deadlines within required time constraints.
- Work efficiently and have flexibility to changes in schedule and work hours during “busy season.”
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Work in team environment with principals, managers and staff; Perform effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel supporting various industries.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
Smith Schafer, an award-winning, community-oriented public accounting and business consulting firm offering a thoughtful advisory relationship to business and individual clients for over 45 years.