Smith Schafer and Associates, Ltd., a multi-office accounting and consulting firm, has openings for an Accounting Services Professional to join our firm in our Twin Cities and Rochester branches. This position is responsible for overseeing the delivery of tax and tax-related solutions to Smith Schafer & Associates clients. The range of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, leading projects in the tax and accounting services department, providing consultation to employees and clients, leading tax and accounting research, and ensuring compliance.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Processes client payroll, general ledger, bank reconciliations, financial statements, etc.
- Implements best practices, accounting, and client service techniques.
- Understands and effectively uses current tax and accounting software applications in the completion of engagements.
- Ensures all client deliverables (financials, reports, tax filings, etc.) are completed in an accurate, professional, and timely manner.
- Researches answers and solutions independently and with supervision to provide information and organize content for internal and external clients.
- Uses online and desk-top QuickBooks software to track/manage expenses and keeps track of daily transactions (invoice customers, pay bills, generate reports, review financial statements for compliance, missing data or duplications, and more) for our clients.
- 2-5 years of accounting and payroll experience.
- BA/BS or AA in accounting or related field; or 5 relevant years of experience in an accounting/payroll position.
- Accounting experience includes but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns. Generates W-2’s and 1099’s for clients.
- General understanding of S-Corp, business, and individual tax and processing financial statements.
- Knowledge of general ledger and year-end adjustments for cash and accrual basis entities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills, must be detail-oriented.
- 0-3 years’ work experience within a Public Accounting Firm.
- Expert with QuickBooks and 1-year experience with Sage, Excel, Engagement, and Tax Accounting software at a high level of proficiency.
- Apply independent thought process when working on special projects
- Prioritize workflow and manage multiple deadlines within required time constraints
- Work efficiently and have the flexibility to changes in schedule and work hours
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Perform effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel supporting various industries
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
Benefits to the Accountant
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a smaller environment with the industry experience and knowledge of a large firm. Competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience including 401k match.
As a recent recipient of the Best Places to Work in Southeast Minnesota, it is our goal at Smith Schafer to continue to hire the most talented individuals who will make a positive impact on our clients and contribute to the success of our Firm. Smith Schafer offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter/resume to [email protected] or complete the webform.
|Job Category||Full Time|