Rochester Audit Internship
Audit Internship Opportunities for 2023 Tax Season (January 16 – April 18)
We are currently seeking students who want to learn and develop their audit and accounting skills. We have an excellent internship program where you will learn about tax and audit processes, compliance and regulations and be able to work on various projects with experienced talented individuals Our forward-thinking and flexible culture will allow you to learn and grow in your career.
- Learns the planning process and assists in planning multiple assignments.
- Assists with facilitating engagements to meet budget and client expectations.
- Learns how to accurately perform analytical review of audit documents.
- Provides exceptional service to clients by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs.
- Builds and strengthens co-worker and client relationships through effective communication and an understanding of relevant standards; advises on concerns and relevant industry pronouncements.
- Learns and understands accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures relative to individual client assignments.
- Identifies and communicates audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities to senior accountants, managers or principals to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process.
- May travel to client locations.
- Enrolled in an Accounting program with an accredited university.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts involved in tax return preparation.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
BENEFITS TO THE ACCOUNTANT:
Smith Schafer is an established, growing, full-service CPA firm that provides the highest level of professional accounting services to our clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a smaller environment with the industry experience and knowledge of a large firm.
Smith Schafer has consistently earned a spot on the Star Tribune’s Minnesota Top Workplace list and it is our goal to continue to hire the most talented individuals who will make a positive impact on our clients and contribute to the success of our firm.
We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for professional development, flexible schedule options to allow for a work/life balance, and much more. Click to learn more about our benefits.
Please submit a cover letter/resume to [email protected] or complete an online application.
|Job Category||Full Time|