Audit Internship Opportunities for Busy Tax Season- 2021
Smith Schafer is looking to hire Tax and Audit Interns for their next busy tax season – January 2021 to April 15, 2021.
We have an excellent internship program where you will learn and develop your skill sets in tax, audit and accounting and have opportunities to work with different departments.
- Learns the planning process and assists in planning multiple assignments.
- Assists with facilitating engagements to meet budget and client expectations.
- Provides exceptional service to clients by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs.
- Builds and strengthens co-worker and client relationships through effective communication and an understanding of relevant standards; advises on concerns and relevant industry pronouncements
- Executes solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures relative to individual client assignments.
- Identifies and communicates audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities to senior accountants, managers or principals to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process.
- Enrolled in a BA/BS in an Accounting program with an accredited university.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts involved in tax return preparation.
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client service interaction, with an ability to handle pressure in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly