Tax Internship Opportunities for Busy Tax Season- 2021
Smith Schafer is looking to hire Tax and Audit Interns for their next busy tax season – January 2021 to April 15, 2021.
We have an excellent internship program where you will learn and develop your skill sets in tax, audit and accounting and have opportunities to work with different departments.
- Prepares and assists with simple to complex tax returns for individuals and businesses.
- Performs tax research where appropriate.
- Performs all work in compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Reviews information provided by clients and interviewers, as well as copies of previous tax returns, wage statements from employers and year-end interest and dividend summaries.
- Accurately prepares tax return work papers (business returns).
- Prepares and checks tax returns, forms and schedules.
- Assists other staff members in other departments.
- Enrolled in a BA/BS in an Accounting program with an accredited university.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts involved in tax return preparation.
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client service interaction, with an ability to handle pressure in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly