Come Join the Smith Schafer Team!
Smith Schafer is looking for a talented, proactive, and dedicated professional who will assist with internal client needs and help contribute to the success of our firm. We are currently looking for an experience Office Manager.
Rochester Office Manager Job Summary
This position is responsible for overseeing all administrative office functions and supports and delivers requests or assignments from staff in all departments. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, organizing, and sending out tax returns, reviewing documents for accuracy and managing office supplies and equipment. This position will supervise administrative staff and coordinate workflow and deadlines. A person in this role will need to understand and effectively use the various software applications when completing assignments.
- Supervises the work of administrative staff and coordinates workflow and staffing assignments.
- Maintains equipment, office premises and office supplies inventory.
- Provides administrative support to all departments.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Participates in interviewing potential administrative candidates.
- Creates training documents and provides training to administrative staff.
- Participates in the evaluation process of administrative staff.
- Makes recommendations for hiring, disciplinary, termination and commendatory actions on administrative staff for final approval by the Office Managing Principal and the Director of Operations.
- Keeps all office equipment in good working order. Evaluates needs for purchasing new office equipment and submits proposal.
- Oversees office maintenance ensuring office area is neat and clean.
- Orders office furniture as directed.
- Maintains key storage for office.
- Oversees internal file and storage room maintenance including purging of files according to schedule.
- Organizes weekly management meeting including preparation of agenda, minutes, and meeting packet.
- Oversees client billing process and assists with ensuring WIP is billed timely.
- Assists with collection efforts.
- Oversees and assists with assembly and scanning processes.
- Applies client payments to A/R accounts in the time and expense system.
- Three or more years of administrative experience.
- MS Office Suite skills and other specialized software, including ability to learn and utilize QuickBooks.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Has an attention to detail, ability to follow directions and procedures, as well as ability to work in a fast-paced time-sensitive environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to apply independent thought process and work on special projects.
- Ability to prioritize workflow.
- Experience with office machines including but not limited to facsimile, high speed copier/printer/scanner, printer, scanner, multi-line phone and 10-key.
- Associate degree in Business Administration or similar area.
- 3 or more years of experience in managing an administrative office environment.
- Prior experience leading or supervising others.
- Prior experience working in a professional services firm or CPA.
BENEFITS TO THE Office Manager
Smith Schafer is an established, growing, full-service CPA firm that provides the highest level of professional accounting services to our clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a smaller environment with the industry experience and knowledge of a large firm. Competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience including 401k match.
Smith Schafer has consistently earned a spot on the Star Tribune’s Minnesota Top Workplace list and it is our goal to continue to hire the most talented individuals who will make a positive impact on our clients and contribute to the success of our firm.
We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for professional development, flexible schedule options to allow for a work/life balance, and much more. Click to learn more about our benefits.
Please submit a cover letter/resume to [email protected] or complete an online application.
|Job Category||Full Time|