Rochester Senior Accountant
Senior Accountant Job Description
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of accounting and payroll related solutions to Smith Schafer & Associates clients. The range of responsibilities include, but not limited to, managing payroll and accounting services projects and tasks, providing consultation to employees and clients, conducting accounting and payroll research and ensuring compliance.
- Processes client payroll, general ledger, bank reconciliations, financial statements, and other accounting related functions.
- Implements best practices, accounting, and client service techniques.
- Understands and effectively uses current payroll and accounting software applications in completion of engagements.
- Reviews the work of staff accountants and seasonal interns.
- Provides training to entry level staff accountants and seasonal interns.
- Ensures all client deliverable (financials, reports, tax filings, etc.) are completed in an accurate, professional, and timely manner.
- Researches answers and solutions independently and with supervision to provide information and organize content for internal and external clients.
- Uses online and desk-top QuickBooks software to track/manage expenses and keeps track of daily transactions (invoice customers, pay bills, generate reports, review financial statements for compliance, missing data, or duplication and more) for our clients.
- At least 2 or more years of accounting and payroll experience.
- Associate Accounting degree or in a related field.
- Accounting experience includes but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns. Generates W-2’s and 1099’s for clients.
- Knowledge of general ledger and year-end adjustments for cash and accrual basis entities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field.
- 3 or more years of work experience within a Public Accounting Firm
- Expert with QuickBooks and 1-year experience with Sage, Excel, Engagement and Tax Accounting software at a high level of proficiency.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
BENEFITS TO THE ACCOUNTANT
Smith Schafer is an established, growing, full-service CPA firm that provides the highest level of professional accounting services to our clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a smaller environment with the industry experience and knowledge of a large firm. Competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience including 401k match.
Smith Schafer has consistently earned a spot on the Star Tribune’s Minnesota Top Workplace list and it is our goal to continue to hire the most talented individuals who will make a positive impact on our clients and contribute to the success of our firm.
We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for professional development, flexible schedule options to allow for a work/life balance, and much more. Click to learn more about our benefits.
Please submit a cover letter/resume to [email protected] or complete an online application.
Smith Schafer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Job Category||Full Time|