Rochester Tax Accountant
Tax Accountant Job Description
The Tax Accountant is responsible for preparing individual and business tax returns and providing support to senior accountants, supervisors, managers and principals, which includes assisting with tax planning, reviewing, and understanding financial statements, small business accounting, and researching technical tax issues. This position will need understand and effectively use current tax and accounting software applications and apply independent thought processes when working on special projects. A person in this role will need to prioritize their workflow to meet multiple deadlines. This person is expected to work efficiently and adapt to changes in schedules and work hours.
- Prepares individual and business tax returns.
- Assists with tax planning.
- Prepares compiled financial statements.
- Works in team environment with principals, managers and staff.
- Understands and effectively uses current tax and accounting software applications when completing engagements.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Researches technical tax issues.
- One year of similar accounting experience or administrative support experience in a financial organization.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of prioritization and exceptional attention to detail.
- Associate degree in Accounting for relate field, or BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- Previously worked in a CPA firm.
- Experience with ProSystems Tax Preparation software and QuickBooks.
- Customer-service oriented, demonstrated by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable, and reliable.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
BENEFITS TO THE Tax ACCOUNTANT
Smith Schafer is an established, growing, full-service CPA firm that provides the highest level of professional accounting services to our clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a smaller environment with the industry experience and knowledge of a large firm. Competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience including 401k match.
Smith Schafer has consistently earned a spot on the Star Tribune’s Minnesota Top Workplace list and it is our goal to continue to hire the most talented individuals who will make a positive impact on our clients and contribute to the success of our firm.
We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for professional development, flexible schedule options to allow for a work/life balance, and much more. Click to learn more about our benefits.
Please submit a cover letter/resume to [email protected] or complete an online application.
Smith Schafer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Job Category||Full Time|