Red Wing SENIOR AUDIT ACCOUNTANT
The Senior Auditor is responsible for organizing and managing client assignments and projects. Assist with planning and facilitating audit engagements and effectively using the Firm’s accounting software applications when completing audit engagements. This position will learn to facilitate and apply technical skills, learning processes and systems. This person is expected to execute a solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures relative to individual client assignments. Works efficiently and is flexible to changing work schedules and hours, and regularly exercises independent judgment and discretion about accounting matters of significance.
- Plans, leads and facilitates engagements for audits to meet budget and client expectations.
- Contributes to development of new business opportunities by participating in strategic business development initiatives, attending networking and professional development events, and leading educational programs.
- Evaluates clients’ internal controls and determines the extent of testing required in an audit.
- Provides exceptional service to clients by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs.
- Executes solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures relative to individual client assignments.
- Has direct contact with clients, serves clients in a high impact manner, and is very knowledgeable in his/her major area of specialization.
- Identifies and communicates audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities to senior accountants, managers or principals to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process.
- Demonstrates technical skills, general industry knowledge and knowledge of the firm’s capabilities.
- Maintains and complies with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with client’s staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships.
- Prepares and reviews compilation, review, and audit engagements.
- Prepares internal memorandums, written correspondences and guidance, and other documents for clients and Smith Schafer personnel.
- Reviews and prepares client work papers, reports, financial statement drafts and letters of recommendations. Prepares more complex papers and high risk areas.
- Learns and understands the firm’s financial model and ensure profitable delivery of engagements.
- Two or more years of accounting/audit experience.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of organization, focus, exceptional attention to detail.
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- 3 or more years of similar work experience in a Public Accounting firm.
- Experience with ProSystems engagement software, SMART Practice Aids, and QuickBooks.
- Customer-service oriented, demonstrated by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable and reliable.
- CPA exam passed or on track to complete.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly
Benefits to the Accountant
Smith Schafer is an established, growing, full-service CPA firm that provides the highest level of professional accounting services to our clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a smaller environment with the industry experience and knowledge of a large firm. Competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience including 401k match.
Smith Schafer has consistently earned a spot on the Star Tribune’s Minnesota Top Workplace list and it is our goal to continue to hire the most talented individuals who will make a positive impact on our clients and contribute to the success of our firm.
We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for professional development, flexible schedule options to allow for a work/life balance, and much more. Click to learn more about our benefits.
Please submit a cover letter/resume to [email protected] or complete an online application.
|Job Category||Full Time|