Red Wing Senior Tax Accountant
Flexible Work Schedule!
Senior Tax Accountant Job Description
Smith Schafer & Associates is currently seeking a dedicated and goal oriented Senior Tax Accountant to take charge in preparing individual and business returns. A Senior Accountant prepares and reviews complex tax returns and provides coaching and training for entry level accountants and interns. This role will work closely with managers and principals in assisting our clients with tax planning, preparing financial statements, and researching technical tax issues. This person will have the opportunity to organize and manage client assignments and projects, prioritize workflows, and manage multiple deadlines. The person in this role will continue to learn, understand, and effectively use current tax and accounting software applications.
Key Responsibilities of Senior Tax Accountant:
- Prepares and leads preparation of individual and business tax returns.
- Completes initial review and prepares complex tax returns.
- Provides leadership and training for staff and entry level accountants and seasonal interns.
- Assists with tax planning and lead specific assigned projects.
- Prepare/reviews compiled financial statements.
- Works in team environment with principals, managers and staff.
- Understands and effectively uses current tax and accounting software applications when completing engagements.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Researches technical tax issues.
- Engages in learning about the Firm’s business development efforts.
- Represents the Firm at assigned business and community functions.
- Participates in professional, charitable, and/or civic organizations.
- Associates degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- 2 years of experience in tax planning, preparation, and tax related projects.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of organization, focus, exceptional attention to detail.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- 3 years of experience in tax planning, preparation, and tax related projects.
- Experience with ProSystems Tax Preparation software, QuickBooks, and CCH Engagement.
- Customer-service oriented, demonstrated by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable, and reliable.
- CPA exam passed or on track to complete.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
Benefits to the Accountant
Smith Schafer is an established, growing, full-service CPA firm that provides the highest level of professional accounting services to our clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a smaller environment with the industry experience and knowledge of a large firm. Competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience including 401k match.
Smith Schafer has consistently earned a spot on the Star Tribune’s Minnesota Top Workplace list and it is our goal to continue to hire the most talented individuals who will make a positive impact on our clients and contribute to the success of our firm.
We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for professional development, flexible schedule options to allow for a work/life balance, and much more. Click to learn more about our benefits.
Please submit a cover letter/resume to [email protected] or complete an online application.
Smith Schafer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Job Category||Full Time|