This position is responsible for leading a profitable functional area of the practice, which includes leading a team, building the business and ensuring the team delivers exceptional client service. This role supports the business development and growth initiatives of the Firm and is responsible for retaining talented staff through strong leadership, coaching and mentoring. Reviews complex individual and business tax returns. A person in this role supports the firm and its leaders by assisting with tax planning, preparing compiled financial statements, and researching complex technical tax issues.
- Leads a profitable functional area of the Firm.
- Assists with management of staff, schedule and implantation of Firm vision and standards
- Assists with business development including meeting with prospective clients, prepares quotes and proposals and evaluates client needs.
- Develops, builds and manages prospective and existing client relationships, and is involved in professional and community activities. Participates in firm-wide marketing initiatives and efforts.
- Communicates effectively with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding a variety of tax matters.
- Reviews individual and business tax returns and tax planning
- Prepares internal memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, private letter rulings and other documents for submission to the IRS or Treasury Department.
- Provides leadership and technical training for senior, staff and entry level accountants
- Reviews intermediate and complex levels of business and/or individual tax returns and provides effective feedback.
- Provides leadership and delegates tasks and presents ideas for employee engagement and development.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Related Field
- 8+ Years of Similar Experience.
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of organization, focus, exceptional attention to detail.
- CPA exam passed and license is active.
- Customer-service oriented, demonstrated by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable and reliable.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly
|Job Category||Full Time|