Red Wing Tax Internship
Tax Internship Opportunities for 2023 Tax Season (January 16 – April 18)
We are currently seeking students who want to learn and develop their tax and accounting skills. We have an excellent internship program where you will learn about tax and audit processes, compliance and regulations and be able to work on various projects with experienced talented individuals Our forward-thinking and flexible culture will allow you to learn and grow in your career.
(Tax) Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepares and assists with simple to complex tax returns for individuals and businesses.
- Performs tax research where appropriate.
- Performs all work in compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Reviews information provided by clients and interviewers, as well as copies of previous tax returns, wage statements from employers and year-end interest and dividend summaries.
- Accurately prepares tax return work papers (business returns).
- Prepares and checks tax returns, forms, and schedules.
- Assists other staff members in other departments.
- Enrolled in an Accounting program with an accredited university.
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts involved in tax return preparation.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.
BENEFITS TO THe intern:
Smith Schafer is an established, growing, full-service CPA firm that provides the highest level of professional accounting services to our clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a smaller environment with the industry experience and knowledge of a large firm.
Smith Schafer has consistently earned a spot on the Star Tribune’s Minnesota Top Workplace list and it is our goal to continue to hire the most talented individuals who will make a positive impact on our clients and contribute to the success of our firm.
We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for professional development, flexible schedule options to allow for a work/life balance, and much more. Click to learn more about our benefits.
Please submit a cover letter/resume to [email protected] or complete an online application.
|Job Category||Full Time|