Many businesses have transitioned to working from home over the past several months. Adapting to a new normal means adopting remote work technologies. QuickBooks is a platform designed to help business owners gain essential insights into their business’s performance to help them grow. QuickBooks has recently taken steps to evolve both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop to better meet user needs.
Here are a few features recently updated in QuickBooks:
- Bank Feeds – enables users to download their transactions from various financial institutions with a statement importer option. Bank feeds assist in automating the expense tracking process, and it now has a two-factor authentication option for better security.
- Access from Anywhere – remote access is a secure server where you can access your PC from any system. You can also use the mobile app while on the go.
- Payments from Customers – easily accept payments with a click of a button.
- Payment to Vendors – now available from QuickBooks online.
- Amazon Business Purchases App – if you are a substantial Amazon business customer, you can now directly sync expenses with QuickBooks. You can easily match the expenses to bank transactions. The sync allows you to see transaction details, such as what was purchased, the cost, and the fee breakdown for each transaction.
- QuickBooks Cash – introduced in mid-September, QuickBooks cash is a no-fee business bank account that offers fast payments, high-yield savings, forecasting tools, and more.
QuickBooks Desktop 2020:
- Custom PO’s – add the PO number to the subject line of the email.
- Reports – create customized reports that collapse columns in class and job reports.
- Payroll – view direct deposit status before payday.
- Emails – combine multiple invoices in a single email.
QuickBooks 2021 – What to Expect
- QuickBooks desktop is changing its pricing structure to a subscription-based model that will be billed annually.
- QuickBooks Desktop Mobile App – automatically create and categorize transactions
- Automatically send statements
- Customized payment receipts
Smith Schafer has certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors on our team, which means we can offer our clients more in-depth support and guidance. We offer the following QuickBooks services:
- Choosing the right version of QuickBooks
- Back-up procedures
- Ongoing QuickBooks support
Contact us today to learn how we can help you with your accounting needs.