Want to know where your ownership interest will go? Put it in writing.
A buy-sell agreement serves to solve a number of problems in advance of any potentially contentious times in the business. Essentially, the corporation, business partners or shareholders can agree to the terms and conditions of a future mandatory or optional sale upon the occurrence of a triggering event. This can smooth the transfer of ownership interest in the case of retirement, death, disability, divorce, termination of employment, loss of a professional license, transfer of ownership, bankruptcy, insolvency or receipt of a third-party offer to purchase the business. Working with an experienced CPA will help you ensure all the financial details of the agreement are correctly prepared.
Smith Schafer & Associates works with Minnesota businesses in multiple industries to prepare and implement buy-sell agreements. Whether you’re hoping to establish a fair purchase price for ownership interest, resolve estate liquidity issues, reduce disputes or simply gain peace of mind by securing the future sale of your business interest, we can advise you on the best approach for your circumstances.
- Business Valuations
- Pricing Approach Recommendation
- Buy-Sell Agreement Type Selection
- Collaboration with Attorneys, Insurance Agents and Others
- Payment Terms Negotiation
- Financing Consultation
- Interpretation of Existing Buy-Sell Agreement Terms
- Resolution of Interest Value Disputes
- Appropriate Valuation Date Determination
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Owner Interest Transfer Facilitation
CORE INDUSTRIES SERVED:
- Architect & Engineering Firms
- Auto Dealerships
- Construction & Real Estate
- Law Firms
Contact Smith Schafer's buy-sell agreement services group to schedule a free 30-minute consultation.
Click here to view a complete list of our services.