learn a little about
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
- Treasurer of the Minnesota Construction Association
How Grant got here
- Bachelor of Science in accounting from the University of St. Thomas
- Master of Business Taxation from the Carlson School of Management
- Joined the Smith Schafer Minneapolis practice with the merger of BPKZ in January 2017
How Grant approaches work
“Due to the ever-changing nature of federal and state tax laws, every year I learn something new to help my clients in their tax planning efforts. Each tax situation and client is unique. I enjoy helping my clients through tax planning changes in their business and with any new challenges or opportunities they may encounter.”
Talk to Grant
Related Service Resources
The pandemic had a significant impact on Minnesota businesses. The combination of forced business closures, new employee safety standards along with supply chain disruptions and sharp increase in materials costs made it very difficult.
If the federal estate tax exemption is cut approximately in half in 2026, as is currently scheduled, it may create significant issues for Minnesota taxpayers. The matter becomes especially challenging when one considers what may happen if the portability election is not made.
This article will provide insight on employee stock ownership plans (ESOP) and how they can be an option for succession planning for transportation companies. An ESOP can provide many benefits, such as tax savings for owners and the business and increasing the culture of ownership by involving employees who have shown service and loyalty.