learn a little about
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
- Treasurer of the Minnesota Construction Association
How Grant got here
- Bachelor of Science in accounting from the University of St. Thomas
- Master of Business Taxation from the Carlson School of Management
- Joined the Smith Schafer Minneapolis practice with the merger of BPKZ in January 2017
How Grant approaches work
“Due to the ever-changing nature of federal and state tax laws, every year I learn something new to help my clients in their tax planning efforts. Each tax situation and client is unique. I enjoy helping my clients through tax planning changes in their business and with any new challenges or opportunities they may encounter.”
Talk to Grant
Related Service Resources
Many business owners offer a 401k plan to their employees. It is a great way to help employees save for retirement, and it allows the owner to contribute to their account as well. It can also be an attractive benefit for hiring and retaining employees in the current market.
Sales and use taxes can be the most complicated tax obligations for many businesses. Generally, local sales tax should be charged to customers on all sales made in a local taxing area unless the customer provides an exemption certificate.
Succession is inevitable in a business. When the time comes to start thinking about retiring and/or transferring ownership, it is essential to understand common issues related to the process.