American Council of Engineering Companies
Chairman of the Board of SPEDCO, an SBA Certified Development Company
Institute of Certified Management Accountants
National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
TwinWest Chamber of Commerce
Vice chairman for International Mission of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod
How John got here
- Bachelor of Accounting from the University of Minnesota
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Public Service Award – 2010
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Distinguish Service Award – 2012
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Board of Directors 2000 – 2007, Chair 2005 – 2006
- BPKZ Shareholder from 1986 – 2016
President from 2014 – 2016 BPKZ
- Joined the Smith Schafer Minneapolis practice with the merger of BPKZ in January 2017
How John approaches work
“I cannot imagine doing anything else. Working with closely held businesses and their owners to increase their wealth is exciting. I enjoy seeing a business start, progress through its life cycle and return benefits to the owners.”
Talk to John
Related Service Resources
Analyzing overhead is a critical process that businesses undertake to optimize cost efficiency and ensure effective resource allocation. Overhead costs consist of a wide range of non-direct expenses incurred during the production or operation of goods and services.
The IRS has released notice that they will be suspending the processing of new claims for the Employee Retention Credit (ERC) for the remainder of 2023.
egislative changes are enacted each year that impact the collection and remittance of these taxes. Here is a summary of a few key highlights from the latest legislative session.