learn a little about John Edson…
Talk To John
John W. Edson, CPA/ABV/CFF, CMA, CVA
Tax & Business Valuation Principal | Twin Cities Office
- Business valuations
- Business tax planning & consulting
- Audit & attest
- Estate planning
- Succession planning
How John got here
- Bachelor of Accounting from the University of Minnesota
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Public Service Award – 2010
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Distinguish Service Award – 2012
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Board of Directors 2000 – 2007, Chair 2005 – 2006
- BPKZ Shareholder from 1986 – 2016
President from 2014 – 2016 BPKZ
- Joined the Smith Schafer Twin Cities practice with the merger of BPKZ in January 2017
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- Chairman of the Board of SPEDCO, an SBA Certified Development Company
- Institute of Certified Management Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
- TwinWest Chamber of Commerce
- Vice chairman for International Mission of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod
How John approaches work
“I cannot imagine doing anything else. Working with closely held businesses and their owners to increase their wealth is exciting. I enjoy seeing a business start, progress through its life cycle and return benefits to the owners.”
Related Blog Posts
Reading Time: 2 minutes Reminder – Taxpayers who have a Sales and Use Tax liability in excess of $250,000 in the state’s prior fiscal year (July 1 to June 30), are required to make an accelerated payment of the expected June sales tax liability.
Reading Time: 2 minutes Employers can issue tax-free disaster payments to their employees under Section 139 of the Internal Revenue Code. The payments are deductible for the employer, but not included in the income of the employee.
Reading Time: 4 minutes Succession is inevitable in a business. When the time comes to start thinking about retiring and/or transferring ownership, it is essential to understand common issues related to the process.
Stay-in tune with current business, industry, accounting and tax news.