learn a little about
American Council of Engineering Companies
Chairman of the Board of SPEDCO, an SBA Certified Development Company
Institute of Certified Management Accountants
National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
TwinWest Chamber of Commerce
Vice chairman for International Mission of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod
How John got here
- Bachelor of Accounting from the University of Minnesota
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Public Service Award – 2010
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Distinguish Service Award – 2012
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Board of Directors 2000 – 2007, Chair 2005 – 2006
- BPKZ Shareholder from 1986 – 2016
President from 2014 – 2016 BPKZ
- Joined the Smith Schafer Minneapolis practice with the merger of BPKZ in January 2017
How John approaches work
“I cannot imagine doing anything else. Working with closely held businesses and their owners to increase their wealth is exciting. I enjoy seeing a business start, progress through its life cycle and return benefits to the owners.”
Talk to John
Related Service Resources
Year-end is the time to finish out one year while planning for the next. As the end of 2021 approaches, we want to remind you of various payroll and Form 1099 related changes, as well as other items to consider when processing your year-end forms.
As the pandemic comes to an end, manufacturing businesses have faced many issues. On top of inflation, finding employees and continued supply chain issues, another year of preparing for the potential tax burden is upon each business.
Taxpayers claiming the federal Research and Development (R&D) credit on amended returns will get an extended break from new documentation requirements.