learn a little about John Edson…
Talk To John
John W. Edson, CPA/ABV/CFF, CMA, CVA
Tax & Business Valuation Principal | Twin Cities Office
- Business valuations
- Business tax planning & consulting
- Audit & attest
- Estate planning
- Succession planning
How John got here
- Bachelor of Accounting from the University of Minnesota
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Public Service Award – 2010
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Distinguish Service Award – 2012
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants Board of Directors 2000 – 2007, Chair 2005 – 2006
- BPKZ Shareholder from 1986 – 2016
President from 2014 – 2016 BPKZ
- Joined the Smith Schafer Twin Cities practice with the merger of BPKZ in January 2017
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- Chairman of the Board of SPEDCO, an SBA Certified Development Company
- Institute of Certified Management Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
- TwinWest Chamber of Commerce
- Vice chairman for International Mission of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod
How John approaches work
“I cannot imagine doing anything else. Working with closely held businesses and their owners to increase their wealth is exciting. I enjoy seeing a business start, progress through its life cycle and return benefits to the owners.”
Related Blog Posts
Congress passed the CARES Act and provided funding for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans. Many of you took advantage of the provisions afforded you related to PPP and the CARES Act.
Do you understand what your manufacturing company is worth? Whether you are reaching retirement or have received an offer to sell, it is crucial to understand what value means for a business.
When valuing a business, experts use various valuation methods, such as Discounted Cash Flows (DCF) analysis, comparable company analysis, market value, and asset-based methods. When using DCF method, one way to select an appropriate discount rate for the business is to use the built-up method.
Stay-in tune with current business, industry, accounting and tax news.